09 February 2011

Married Republican HOR Chris Lee Resigns over Craigslist Scandal

Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet
via Gawker
Rep. Chris Lee, R-N.Y., (bio here) resigned from Congress after a report emerged that he had sent flirtatious emails, including one with a bare-chested photo of himself, to a woman he met on Craigslist. 
"It has been a tremendous honor to serve the people of Western New York. I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents. I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness," Lee said in a statement Wednesday night.Lee is married and has a child. 
"The challenges we face in Western New York and across the country are too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, and so I am announcing that I have resigned my seat in Congress.
More at the links above.  Why is this news? I do not know. Republicans resign over this sort of thing and Democrats run for higher office from it.

From Gawker:
On the morning of Friday, January 14, a single 34-year-old woman put an ad in the "Women for Men" section of Craigslist personals. "Will someone prove to me not all CL men look like toads?" she asked, inviting "financially & emotionally secure" men to reply.

That afternoon, a man named Christopher Lee replied. He used a Gmail account that Rep. Christopher Lee has since confirmed to be his own. (It's the same Gmail account that was associated with Lee's personal Facebook account, which the Congressman deleted when we started asking questions.) 
By email, Lee identified himself as a 39-year-old divorced lobbyist and sent a PG picture to the woman from the ad. (In fact, Lee is married and has one son with his wife. He's also 46.)
This might be the key to what made him a Gawker story:
Yesterday, we reached out to Rep. Lee, whose support for "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and vote to reject federal abortion funding suggests a certain comfort with publicly scrutinizing others' sex lives.
So, if he were a Libertarian congresscritter (like that's going to happen. just play along) who advocated staying out of other people's lives and  their wallets, would he get Gawker immunity?  I speculate, you decide.

Femdom Cave - Adult Literature for the Discerning Reader
Read Controlling Sarah free at Literotica.Com


Ever since the government killed adult ads on CL, it has been down hill. 

Now only 99¢
ORDER SUKI SERIES eBOOKS AND PAPERBACKS
Suki Series Tech
Order the paperback edition of Suki V: The Collection
Browse the series on Google: Suki I, Suki II, Suki III, Suki IV, Suki V
Fan Fiction: John and Suki: Vacation Fun
John and Suki's news and comment area, from a Libertarian perspective.
Copyright 1970 - 2011, SJE Enterprises, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment